Sunday, August 07, 2016

RIO 2016

Olympic Inspiration



If you already feel like you have been dosed up with Olympic fever then here’s another spoonful, sorry, not sorry! The Olympics has to be my favourite event of the sporting calendar, and I don’t know about you, but I always find those 16 days of blood, sweat and tears (on the competitors part, of course) inspires me as a spectator to get out and shed a bit more sweat of my own . The excuses to avoid a workout tend to be few and far between, and I seem to have much more of a can-do attitude when it comes to exercising, during the Olympic period. What about you?

Out of all the events, I’m most looking forward to the track athletics; it’s quite nostalgic for me to watch having spent most of my teenage years as a young competing athlete for my local athletics club, Birchfield Harriers, running the 100m and 200m, and, on occasion the 400m and hurdles. Regrettably, I gave it all up when I went to university and never looked back, much to my parent's disappointment, I think.

For this week’s post, I paid a little homage to Rio 2016 by visiting my old track at Birmingham’s Alexander Stadium where I used to run - and where the professional athletes competed in June this year (at the British Athletics Championships) for a place on the British Athletics team for the Olympic Games – and donned my new Stella McCartney x Adidas kicks, which are the most comfortable trainers I’ve ever owned, albeit the most expensive!







What I wore: Trainers, Stella McCartney x Adidas Pure Boost;    Leggings, Forever 21;  Top, Forever 21

Later x

8 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! I have the feeling that u were such an amazing athlete at that time and still u are! I can imagine how u must feel about it, but u walked another path with university, always succesfull, that discipline will always be in u. And look at u lady, u are so fit and gorgeous! Those trainers must be so comfy indeed! Have a good week ahead dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do firmly believe everything happens for a reason. Thanks for your kind words Lilli x

      Delete
  2. These trainers are amazing, dear Colleen, you look fabulous! Stella McCartney has designed a great pair of trainers for Adidas. I was amazed by the fact that you were an athlete and ran! Nice to see you at your former place of competition, where part of the Uk team was too! I like the Olympic games, though I am not very sportive. Funny enough, I was thinking about that. In the past I used to swim, I am well trained in roller skating since early teen years and suddenly I simply quit all after years. I still have muscular legs, from 15 years of regular roller skating, but I guess I am lacking supplements, vitamins and protein, what leads me to anaemia and some lethargy, I admit. So I admire you even more for going to the club! Hope you have a very beautiful week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many sports that I used to do when I was a teenager and just like you suddenly I simply just quit which was a shame. Roller skating sounds great, I tried ice skating just a few years ago which I loved but then they closed the rink down! I hope you get your diet sorted soon x

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    a woman with those amazing legs must be a running. Know or in the past. I agree with you, watching the olymics is very inspiring. To see all the fantastic performances of these athletes are very motivvated. But also your Stella Mycartney sneakers motivate me. They motivvate me to go shopping for them. ;)
    Have a great week dear Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes I do have athletes legs but i think that might be more genetic than anything else although I do still run although not so much of a sprint. I'm glad I could be motivational in some way hee hee x

      Delete
  4. Forgot to say, your fotos are fanntastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx